Get your XARELTO® Starter Kit
Let us guide you through information you need to learn more about PE blood clots, XARELTO®, and cost support options all in one convenient location.
If you’ve completed at least six months of initial treatment for a pulmonary embolism and your healthcare professional has prescribed XARELTO® because you are at ongoing risk for having another PE, you’re in the right place to learn how to take XARELTO® and discover resources to support you as you adjust to taking this medication long-term.
XARELTO® for recurrent PE risk: Steps for success
1. First things first—if you haven’t yet, fill your XARELTO® prescription.
Take one 10-mg tablet once a day, with or without food.
2. Next, make sure you understand the dosing.
3. Then, set yourself up with supportive tools and resources:
Register for Ongoing Educational Support for XARELTO®
Learn more about ongoing educational support from Janssen CarePath. You’ll receive additional information about PE and XARELTO® and access to other tools and resources to help you manage your health.
Learn about saving on XARELTO®
If you haven’t yet, explore your savings options for XARELTO®.
And finally, here are a few things to keep in mind about taking XARELTO®:
- Don’t suddenly stop taking XARELTO® unless your healthcare professional tells you to. Stopping XARELTO® may increase your risk of having another PE.
- Always take XARELTO® at the same time each day.
- If you take XARELTO® twice a day and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. You may take 2 doses at the same time to make up for the missed dose. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- If you take XARELTO® once a day and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- Tell all the healthcare professionals you see, including your dentist, that you’re taking XARELTO®. They should talk to the healthcare professional who prescribed XARELTO® before any surgical, medical, or dental procedure. You may need to stop taking it for a short time before starting again.
- Always take XARELTO® exactly as your healthcare professional prescribes.
- Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.