In clinical studies, almost 98% of people taking XARELTO® did not experience another DVT or PE.*
*Patients were followed for an average length of treatment of 208 days.
If you’ve just had a pulmonary embolism (PE), you may still be reeling from the shock of your diagnosis. If this isn’t your first one, you may feel frustrated, sad, or even angry that this is happening again. But while beginning a new medication may seem overwhelming, following some simple steps can help you start on the right track.
Starting XARELTO® treatment: Steps for success
1.First things first—if you haven’t yet, fill your XARELTO® (rivaroxaban) prescription right away.
Start with: One 15-mg tablet
twice a day with food
Switch to: One 20-mg tablet
once a day with food
Tablets shown not actual size
2. Next, make sure you understand the dosing.
3.Then, set yourself up with supportive tools and resources:
Download the Care4Today® Connect App
Make it easier to remember to take and refill your medication by setting reminders in the Care4Today® Connect App. You can also track your health activity and create reports to share with your healthcare professional.
Register for Janssen CarePath Patient Support for XARELTO®
Learn more about ongoing support from Janssen CarePath. You’ll receive additional information about PE and XARELTO® and access to other tools and resources to help you manage your health.
Learn about saving on XARELTO®
If you haven’t yet, explore your savings options for XARELTO®.
Learn all you can
If you’re feeling like you still have questions about PE or XARELTO®, you can use our personalized conversation starter to get them answered at your next doctor’s appointment.
And finally, here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin your treatment with XARELTO®:
- Don’t suddenly stop taking XARELTO® unless your healthcare professional tells you to. Stopping XARELTO® may increase your risk of having another PE.
- Always take XARELTO® at the same time each day.
- If you take XARELTO® twice a day and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. You may take 2 doses at the same time to make up for the missed dose. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- If you take XARELTO® once a day and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- Tell all the healthcare professionals you see, including your dentist, that you’re taking XARELTO®. They should talk to the healthcare professional who prescribed XARELTO® before any surgical, medical, or dental procedure. You may need to stop taking it for a short time before starting again.
- Always take XARELTO® exactly as your healthcare professional prescribes.
- Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
XARELTO® missed doses: The real risk
It’s important to take XARELTO® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professional. But sometimes you miss a dose of your medication—it happens. You may have heard that some people think that missing a dose of their blood thinner reduces their risk of treatment-related side effects because they are taking less medicine. However, the real risk when you miss a dose is that your medication is not working as well to reduce your risk of another PE blood clot. That’s why it’s so important to do everything you can to keep taking your medication as prescribed—for your health and for the people who love and depend on you.
Have you completed at least six months of initial treatment for a PE? Learn more about how XARELTO® can reduce your risk of another one.
I feel protected.
Hear what XARELTO® has done for Tiffany.