Get your XARELTO® Starter Kit
Let us guide you through information you need to learn more about PAD, XARELTO®, and cost support options all in one convenient location.
Beginning a new medication can feel like a big commitment. But with the following tips and ongoing support, it’s possible to start on the right track—for yourself and for those who care about you. First things first, be sure to fill your XARELTO® prescription if you haven’t yet. Next, make sure you understand how to take XARELTO®.
Take one XARELTO® 2.5 mg tablet twice daily with or without food in combination with low-dose aspirin (75 mg-100 mg) once daily
Tablets shown not actual size
In a clinical trial, almost 96% of people with chronic PAD or coronary artery disease (CAD) taking XARELTO® 2.5 mg twice daily, in combination with low-dose aspirin, did not have a heart attack, stroke, or die from a cardiovascular event.*
Around 3% of people experienced a major bleeding event, such as bleeding into the brain. That represents about a 1% increase in bleeding in patients taking XARELTO® in addition to low-dose aspirin versus people taking only low-dose aspirin.
*The rate of the first event like a stroke, heart attack, or cardiovascular death was 4.1% for people taking XARELTO® plus aspirin vs 5.4% for aspirin alone. Patients were followed for an average of 23 months.
XARELTO® for chronic PAD: Set yourself up for success
Register for Ongoing Educational Support for XARELTO®
Learn more about ongoing educational support from Janssen CarePath. You’ll receive additional information about PAD and XARELTO®, and access to other tools and resources to help you get started and stay on track.
Learn about saving on XARELTO®
If you haven’t yet, explore your savings options for XARELTO®.
Learn all you can
If you’re feeling like you still have questions about PAD or XARELTO®, you can use our personalized conversation starter to get them answered at your next doctor’s appointment.
And finally, here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin taking XARELTO®:
- Don’t suddenly stop taking XARELTO® unless your healthcare professional tells you to. Stopping XARELTO® may increase your risk of blood clots.
- Always take XARELTO® two times a day plus low-dose aspirin once daily.
- If you miss a dose of XARELTO®, take your next 2.5 mg dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- If you’re seeing another healthcare professional or dentist, let them know you’re taking XARELTO®. They should talk to the healthcare professional who prescribed XARELTO® before any surgical, medical, or dental procedure, because you may need to stop taking it for a short time before and after the procedure.
- Always take XARELTO® exactly as your healthcare professional prescribes.
XARELTO® missed doses: The greater concern
It’s important to take XARELTO® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professional. But sometimes you may miss a dose of your medication. Some people think that missing a dose of their blood thinner reduces their risk of side effects because they are taking less medicine. The greater concern when you miss a dose is that you are not protected from the risk of blood clots that may cause a cardiovascular event like a heart attack or stroke. That’s why it’s so important to do everything you can to keep taking your medication as prescribed—for your health and for the people who love and depend on you.