Beginning a new medication can feel like a big commitment. But with the following tips and ongoing support, it’s possible to start on the right track—for yourself and for those who care about you. First things first, be sure to fill your XARELTO® prescription if you haven’t yet. Next, make sure you understand how to take XARELTO®.
Take one XARELTO® 2.5 mg tablet twice daily with or without food in combination with low-dose aspirin (75 mg-100 mg) once daily
Tablets shown not actual size
In a clinical trial, almost 96% of people with chronic CAD or peripheral artery disease (PAD) taking XARELTO® 2.5 mg twice daily, in combination with low-dose aspirin, did not have a heart attack, stroke, or die from a cardiovascular event.*
*The rate of the first event like a stroke, heart attack, or cardiovascular death was 4.1% for people taking XARELTO® plus aspirin vs 5.4% for aspirin alone. Patients were followed for an average of 23 months.
XARELTO® for chronic CAD: Set yourself up for success
Register for Janssen CarePath Patient Support for XARELTO®
Learn more about ongoing support from Janssen CarePath. You’ll receive additional information about CAD and XARELTO®, and access to other tools and resources to help you get started and stay on track.
Learn about saving on XARELTO®
If you haven’t yet, explore your savings options for XARELTO®.
Download the Care4Today® Connect App
Make it easier to remember to take and refill your medication by setting reminders in the Care4Today® Connect App. You can also track your health activity and create reports to share with your healthcare professional.
Learn all you can
If you’re feeling like you still have questions about CAD or XARELTO®, you can use our personalized conversation starter to get them answered at your next doctor’s appointment.
And finally, here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin your treatment with XARELTO®:
- Don’t suddenly stop taking XARELTO® unless your healthcare professional tells you to. Stopping XARELTO® may increase your risk of blood clots.
- Always take XARELTO® at the same time each day.
- If you miss a dose of XARELTO®, take your next 2.5 mg dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- If you’re seeing another healthcare professional or dentist, let them know you’re taking XARELTO®. They should talk to the healthcare professional who prescribed XARELTO® before any surgical, medical, or dental procedure, because you may need to stop taking it for a short time before and after the procedure.
- Always take XARELTO® exactly as your healthcare professional prescribes.
XARELTO® missed doses: The greater concern
It’s important to take XARELTO® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professional. But sometimes you may miss a dose of your medication—it happens. Some people think that missing a dose of their blood thinner reduces their risk of side effects because they are taking less medicine. This is not true. The greater concern when you miss a dose is that you are not protected from the risk of blood clots that may cause a cardiovascular event like a heart attack or stroke. That’s why it’s so important to do everything you can to keep taking your medication as prescribed—for your health and for the people who love and depend on you.